Sunday, June 5, 2005

I missed his call

Yesterday the kids and I went up to Wuerzburg PX to do some shopping.  One of the things I needed to do was buy ink for the printer but I forgot that.  I really need to make lists.

When we got home there was a message on the phone. Paul tried to call and we weren't here.  I actually played the message over a half dozen times just to hear his voice.  I can't believe I missed a chance to talk to him. I hope he tries again over the next few days.

My oven is broken.  Something happened Saturday night... I'm not sure what, but now only the upper coil will heat up.  I was going to make Chocolate Chip cookies to send to Paul, but now I'm concerned that the cookies will burn. I have to make a decision about that in the next hour or so though.  Post office closes by three here, so If I want him to have these before the weekend, they must go out today.

On the "good news" side of the house, My weigh in this morning was down.  Not as much as I hoped, but considering that I had a hard time staying on a good eating plan, YEA!   I weighed 14.4 lbs... down 1.3 lbs from last Wednesday.

This week is going to be a flurry of activity but I'm hoping to keep to the diet.  Monday next we take off for Phoenix.  My FIL is scheduled for surgery on the 14th. The kids are anxious to see him before he heads under the knife.

All for now.

 

No comments: