Monday, April 3, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

I need to get going on my day, but wanted to stop in and tell you all about our fabulous weekend.

We arrived at Edelweiss at a good time, checked in and stowed all our stuff up in our rooms.  Dinner was next on our agenda.  Friday nights fare was German.  There was schnitzel and herbed chicken, all types of potatos and "spaetzelkase" (a cheesy noodle), as well as a fresh salad bar.  I wish I could say I made great, low cal choices.. but at least I can say I made great choices.  The hardest part to pass by is the dessert cart.  But I did keep myself to one selection.

Later in the evening, we took the kids down to the video game room and we (Paul and I) stopped off at the bar next door and had a drink. The kids had a great time challenging each other on the various games and Paul and I had a very leisurely period where we savored our drinks and talked.

Saturday morning, after breakfast, the boys were off to their snowboarding lesson.  The girls and I went down to the pool and swam and played, did some aerobics in the pool.  Then we sat out in the hot tub and enjoyed that delicious feel of cool air on the shoulders and head, while the lower body is being bubbled into bliss.  After that, we sat in the steam room for a while and caught up on what's been going on.

We met up with the boys for lunch... a quick affair with choices like hot dogs, chicken, hamburgers.  After lunch, the kids once more headed off for the game arcade and Paul and I went shopping in Garmisch.  I found some really great fabric for Paul's mom (she's a quilter).  She is always after us to send fabric from the places we get stationed overseas.  This time I hit the jackpot, having found a store that makes the traditional garb of the Bavarian area of Germany.

After walking through most of the shopping areas, we headed back to the hotel.  We grabbed up the kids and went back down to the pool. I wanted Paul to soak in the hot tub.  While I know he enjoyed the snowboarding lessons, I also know that he fell a few times and I wanted him to soak some of that soreness away.  Late afternoon we headed back up to our rooms to clean up for dinner.

After dinner, we just relaxed in our rooms.. watching TV and I gave Paul a much needed foot massage. 

Sunday morning it was the relaxed breakfast, followed by the hectic scramble to get the car packed up .  We had a great week end.. even if it was a little short.  :)  Still it was a nice break before we take off on our trip to Italy in 9 days!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend ! I am hoping to get to take my kids soon  just to get out of town!  I know they get to go with my mom alot but I want to get way with them for a while!  I hope you have a great time in Italy!  Enjoy and good luck on the diet this week!  
donna

Anonymous said...

WOW.....sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I'm so happy you were able to spend that time together as a family.....terrific memories to cherish :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~