Monday, March 28, 2005

Early Morning Routine

My day starts about 530 every morning.  I get up, fire up the computer and spend about a half hour reading my email and looking up things for my dieting.  Then about 6 am I wake up the kids. Some mornings they bounce out of bed ready for the day.. other mornings, they grumble and pull the blankets up over their heads and procrastinate for another 1/2 hour before rising.  This morning it seems I have a mix response.  My oldest, Kendra, is going on a field trip with her school today and she's pretty excited about it. So she bounded out of bed.  Mac and Kim are not as excited, for them it's a regular school day.. they are lagging today.

Once I get the kids in motion and they seem to have hit that auto-pilot setting, I get ready for my day as well.  Most days starts with me doing a workout.  Usually a two mile walk, followed by strength training for one part of the body or another.  I'll be doing that today in a bit.

When they are all out the door, if things have gone well, my exercise is finished and I can hit the shower and then go take care of whatever business I have.  Today I have to go to Bad Windsheim, a small town near us and pick up my apothecary cabinet that is being repaired. The cabinet was a gift my hubby brough me back from Korea, the move to Germany caused some damage to it.  It is my sincere hope that they are able to repair it well. We'll see.

No comments: