Thursday, March 15, 2007

The aftermath

Our get-together last night went really well.  Of the 24 spouses for this class of 52 people, 10 of us showed.  This is about the perfect size for a gathering if you want to actually get to "know" someone.

Our spouses group is a hodge podge of different ages, backgrounds, countries.  I think I may be the oldest spouse... just as I suspect that Paul may be one of the oldest students.. if not the oldest.

So many of these couples are in the early stages of their family ... either having just one child and/or expecting one. One of our wives has three children under the age of 4, bless her heart! I think the oldest child (not counting my three @ 18, 15, and 14) is 9.

To find an evening when the guys are free enough to watch the children is going to be rare... of course for me it's never a problem.. mine are old enough to watch themselves. .. but for the other wives.. I know it can be a problem to arrange time away without the babies.  Which means a lot of our gatherings include the young ones. 

Thankfully..last night no one brought their little ones and we could have a nice uninterupted time of fellowship.

I stuck to my plan... ate about half of the plate of food I ordered... had one glass of Lambrusco (my favorite red wine), and had one slice of the bruschetta.  I totally skipped on dessert.... I think that should earn me extra points for fabulous behavior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go girl that is what I can a successful night out .... I so relate to the younger generation mine are leaving the nest and most of our friends are raising little ones or raising thier grandkids that is what  I am most grateful for not having to do . I am glad you had a good time . keep up the good work.
hugs
Sherry