Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Borrowing Common Sense Ideas

Paul's time here at the USNTPS (I've been corrected enough times, I think I have the initials straight nowmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics ) comes all wrapped up with opportunities to get together with the other spouses along for this joy ride.

As such, these folks can't think of enough reasons to get together and drink and eat. Mind you, I'm all for getting away from the grumpy man once in awhile (he really is grumpy these days with all the homework they pile on him).... but this constant eating out is gonna start wreaking havoc on my dieting plans.

Tonight's adventure is going to take us to a nearby locally owned Italian restaurant. Remembering how often Linda mentions in her journal (http://journals.aol.com/linnpooh/LindasThotfulSpot/ ) to be prepared for eating out... I took a chance and looked for the menu on line.  Wow, with the internet so amazingly user friendly these days just about everyone has their own webpage and/or download site.

I found the menu for this restaurant.  After perusing all the offerings, I've decided to go with the Salmon and have one small splurge on the tomato and basil bruschetta appetizer (I'm gonna try to share it with some of the others).  I think that will keep me on track....as long as I watch the portion size of the salmon and the mashed potatoes.

Anyway... Thanks to Linda for drilling this sage bit of advice. Now I can go in prepared to choose something that is healthy and sane.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck honey remember you can always bring some home.
hugs
Sherry