Sunday, October 21, 2007

Always Eat Before Drinking

Met up with Paul on Friday afternoon at the "Flight Deck", the name of the on-post pub.  Five O'clock was T-time for the "dark beverage" tip back to discover their assignments.  It was pretty cool.  Each student found a dog tag in their drinks.  On the dog tag was their name, the names of their team member(s), as well as the aircraft and the location.

They could have sent Paul just about anywhere and I'd have been content to stay home with the children (some spouses make the trip with the student, but they are on their own because the student is busy the whole 10 days they are in country).  Unfortunately, they managed to find one of the two countries I would LOVE to go.  Paul is heading to France to fly the EC-725

He's pretty excited about this opportunity.  He's got great team members that he has worked with before. So he'll be in Northern France for about 10 days in November.

I am so tempted to go. But there are just too many hurdles I'd have to jump to be able to go and I only have two weeks to try and jump them... I'm not sure I could.  I will have to content myself with the thought that once all the kids are out of high school (3.5 more years), Paul and I can vacation in France... or anywhere else.

At any rate... I did not eat before arriving at the pub.  Paul had to run back to the school to get the pubs (books) for the aircraft, so he left me with the group and a pitcher of beer.  We finished that pitcher and one of the guys drew another for us. We finished that one, and I think another one was drawn.  Paul still hadn't arrived. I was still drinking.  Paul calls me finally to let me know his instructor is pontificating and he'll be back soon. No problem.. I'm feeling no pain at this point.. and I'm enjoying the company.

Well... when Paul finally arrives back.. he's poking me in the back, and whispering in my ear that he's hungry.  We left... leaving my car behind and taking just Paul's (he had diet coke as his dark beverage).  Man.. I was so toasted.. I think I mentioned to one of the other wives that Paul was trying to get me home before the buzz wore off (wink, wink). 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.....That Paul sounds like a smart man.
How nice if you could go to France with him.

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

You should've ordered some appetizers or something!  ;)

Russ

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun!!!  GO TO FRANCE!!!!!  Lots of shopping, sight seeing, GREAT FOOD, and LOTS of WINE!!!!  LOL!!!

Joann