Monday, March 27, 2006

One of the imponderables

Well, here I sit, day two back on schedule.  I've already completed my workout (cardio 30 min, Upper body strength 30 min) for the day .  Yesterday's calories topped out at 932, percentages were Carb: 57%  Protein: 24%  Fat: 20%. 

So. .. here is the imponderable that I'm pondering on:  Why is it that even when we find exercise that we enjoy, and we know it's good for us... we still spend a vast amount of time trying to figure out an excuse not to exercise?   It's not like I (making this personal now) EVER do anything more productive with that time.... but that is the only thing I can think of.  I think I'm wasting time if I spend too much of it on exercise. 

LOL.. but you know, in the same breath I will be amazed at my neighbor's husband and the amount of time he will spend at the gym.  His gym routine is at least two hours, and usually longer.  Why do men seem to have an easier time doing what they know is good for them and/or enjoyable?  I don't think there is any time during the day that you can't walk into the gym and find a basketball game going.  Are men wired differently?

I think that the best thing we women could do for ourselves is get a little selfish on this "time for me" thing.  And not because no one is allowing us to do it, but because WE don't allow ourselves to do it.  I have an incredibly supportive husband and yet, I can still manage to talk myself out of just about any exercise..... even when I know I am going to feel so good physically and mentally when it's all over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly girl!  I know what you mena nad yes they re wired differently and it seems that women are told their whole life that they have to take care of everyone else but what about themselves!  Makes you glad that you have the opportunity to raise you daughter to think that she is worth evey moment she spends on herself! donna

Anonymous said...

You are so right!!!! I'm glad you are taking the time for yourself and NOT allowing "you" to talk yourself out of it! :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~