Thursday, June 15, 2006

Brushing out the cobwebs

June 15, we are now 40 days away from our final day here in Germany.  I am not in panic mode yet, but I imagine it's just a matter of about 5 days!

We have all kinds of dates scheduled.  When the Household goods get picked up, when the car is shipped, when the "hold" baggage gets picked up.... and lastly, when our house inspection happens and when we finally slip the bonds of this assignment.

We have a plan for going through all the stuff, dividing what gets sold, given away, or thrown away and what we are keeping. The kids are out of school and I've given them notice that they owe me two hours every morning until their rooms have been totally finished.  I don't want to take all their free time, so I think this is a good compromise...two hours and then the rest of the day is theirs.

Of course, I only have 11 days to prepare for the movers.. they come on June 27.. that is the beginning of the long slow slide back to the states.

Having said all that, I'm trying to figure out which of my workout DVDs I want to keep with us and which can be gotten rid of (let's face it.. if I haven't used them in the last two years, what is the likelyhood I ever will?) and which can go ahead to the next place. 

Well.. enough of my lamenting... I have about 30 minutes before I wake up the kids and insist they start working.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have managed to get my girls to clean their rooms thoroughly this week! I don't know how but I guess they felt bad because I was so sck and couldn't really get to the rest of the house ! I guess they decided they would tackle their rooms before I asked them do something else in the house ! LOL  I will be gald to see when you can get back to the states ! Will it be for a while or will you be moving again soon! I don't really know how the assignments go in the millitary !  Good Luck with the move and getting settled in when you get back !
donna

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Estella!  It's exciting yall are coming back to the states.  I would already be in a panic mode myself.  It's hard enough to move from state to state far away that I couldn't imagine country to country.    Take care girl!  You're gonna be busy the next couple weeks.  Hugs,  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting to be coming back home!! I hope all things you need done go smoothly and without a hitch....I'll certainly pray that they do. Tell your girls I said you are the perfect Mom! :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~