Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Cat Update

The biopsy on the mass that Smokey had has come back.  She had some type of cancer.  A fast growing one, but not a particularly aggressive one.  The vet believes that she got all of the tumor with good, clean margins. So that was all good news.

Yesterday we took Smokey in for her health certificate.  This needs to be issued no sooner than 10 days before traveling.  She was fine yesterday when the vet saw her. 

This morning Smokey has been bleeding. Initially I thought it was perhaps anal bleeding. Once I had the chance to really look her over I discovered that she had a small hole to the right of her "pucker".  I can not see where she might have injured herself.  The area around the hole appears to be bruised and raised.  The military vet clinic is closed for the rest of the week. The bleeding is minimal, but we are concerned. Unfortunately with our departure planned for Tuesday, we are unsure what to do.  Our plan for the moment is to watch her and if it does not appear to get better, or if it gets worse we will contact one of the German vets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Estela, I hope your smokey is ok.  I love my pets..  I don't know what I would do if something happened to them...  Have a good day   MaryAlice