Thursday, April 26, 2007

Dental week

This week has been incredibly busy for me.  After months of trying to find a dentist for the kids... I made appointments with a group that was recommended by one of the other families here.

Tuesday I took Kendra and Kim to the appointment.  Kim's exam was fine, nothing unexpected.  Kendra has 10 cavities, including one that "might" need a root canal.  How did that happen in just 12 months? OY!

Wednesday I dragged Kim to a new orthodontist (she started treatment in Germany, but then we got orders and she couldn't complete the course).  This new ortho thinks he can have her out of the braces and into retainers by December (good news) if she'll just cooperate and use the rubber bands like she is supposed to.  She says she will.  We'll see.

Today I take Kendra to another dentist.  I have to be honest... I don't trust the results of the first visit.  I want a second opinion.  I'm taking her to another dentist that a different family recommended. The reason I didn't take them there is the first place is that while Denise liked the dentist, she had some reservations about the male hygienist.  I wasn't sure if the concerns were of the "he rubs his crotch against my hand" variety, or that he was just rough.... but for today's visit, no hygienist is needed.

Based on what happens during this visit will determine whether I keep mine and Mac's appointment with dentist #1 next week, or cancel and set us up with dentist #2.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got really lucky with my dentist/hygienist.    Like them both a lot.    Hope they are wrong about Kendra.   If they are right, I'd think that the last dentist you were using didn't catch something.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

a good denitist around here is always hard to find, good luck girl and glad to see you posting again.
hugs
Sherry