Wednesday, March 19, 2008

OH Yeah, he's in Texas (and rant on DirecTV)

All that weather that is happening in the middle of the country is keeping Paul "grounded".  He's hoping they will be able to take off today and be home by tomorrow. He's ferrying aircraft back to the Mesa plant and then he'll return here by airline.


glitter-graphics.com

I have spent the last two... almost three months trying to get DirecTV to pick up their dang receivers.  By default we had DirecTV in Maryland.  Our reception SUCKED!!!  I can't tell you how many times we'd lose the satellite signal early on Thursday evenings (my must see TV night) and have it remain out the rest of the night. GRRRR.  Repeated attempts at trying to fix the problem didn't help the situation at all. Needless to say, my view (as well as Paul's) of satellite TV is dim.

But... to add insult to injury... when it was time for us to move, the rigmarole that DirecTV expects its customers to go through is ridiculous. Because they don't have local offices for the return of their receivers, I had to wait until we had a physical address here in Alabama before I could cancel my service. Then when I gave them this information, they sent the boxes (for us to return the receivers) to our old address in Maryland.


glitter-graphics.comWaiting for the boxes, time passed and I suddenly receive a bill from DirecTV for non-returned receivers. After numerous phone calls, we discovered the problem was the address.  The boxes finally showed up here last week, the day before we went to S.A.

I called that day to arrange pick up of the boxes on Monday... but FEDEX doesn't' make schedules that far out in advance.... I had to call again when I got back from vacation to arrange pick up.  FINALLY... FINALLY ... they are out of my house.

It's been more trouble than it's worth and if anyone ever asks me.. I will emphatically say that DirecTV is not my number one choice for receiving my TV programming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think they should charge you for their negligence!  Hope things go better!  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

We had the same problem, only with a cable company.  They missed picking up their box before we moved, so after we moved I called again and was told they could only pick up the box from the location they installed it at. I told them we already moved and they told me  I had to mail it to them.  Then they charged me for it!!  What a total mess that was!
Madison

Anonymous said...

Time Warner cable isn't much better....it recently went up 40 % per month!

Russ

Anonymous said...

GRRRRRR.....it's always such a mess with big companies and we are only just an account number to them. I hope it straightens out!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda