Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sister Weekend


glitter-graphics.com

 

 

 

One of my Christmas gifts from my sister was a ticket to the Billy Joel concert in Denver.  I arranged my travel plans so we could have some time to enjoy.

I arrived on Wednesday. That night we went to a wine tasting/Fondue pot dinner at a local restaurant.  We met up with some of my sister's co-workers to do this event. Three courses... cheese, meat and chocolate. 7 wines, two with each course and a dessert wine at the end. Not a single one was very good to me. But the event itself was a lot of fun. Susan works with a good group of gals.  I liked the chocolate course the best, with the white chocolate with amaretto sauce being my favorite. YUMMY!

My sister is single, but has a new man in her life.  This was my chance to meet him as well. I really liked him.  More importantly I think.... I couldn't believe how really happy my sister is.  It's been a long time since I've seen her so relaxed and enjoying life. 

We met up with him for lunch on Thursday.  Now as the big sister, I had to ask all the hard questions... LOL. I figured if I didn't ask him directly, my sister would share anything I said to her anyway.. so I might as well be straightforward about my concerns.  It went well.  He was very nice about it all and really helped me to feel better about the whole thing.


glitter-graphics.com

Thursday night we went to the concert which was really good.  Problem is that Billy has a huge catalog of songs, it was impossible for him to hit all my favorites.  But.. he did get the majority of them.  I can't believe he still sounds as good as he does. I also realized (after a good look at the age of the audience) that I must have been an infant when I started listening to Billy Joel. LOL.


glitter-graphics.com

Friday was "shopapalooza".  We hit all the cool shopping spots and I grabbed up some neat trinkets for the trio back home.  Friday night and Saturday morning we vegged out and watched "Grey's Anatomy"... seasons 1 &2.

Saturday night was pay-per-view of some Ultimate fight or other.  Noah's son and grandson came over to enjoy that with us.  I really liked Noah's son too.  Nice guy.. seems to have his head on straight (he's about 24, I think).. and his son was the typical five year old.. too funny for words.

Sunday I flew home and met up with Paul for lunch.   So that was the end of the Sister weekend.

I'm hoping she and Noah will come out this way in the fall for Talladega.

Best part of this trip, getting to meet the guy and feeling pretty good about it all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome!  I wish I had a sister ... it sounds like you had a blast.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

that is great I love the graphics
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time.  Got your comment in my journal- can you send some spring-like weather up north??
Madison
http://journals.aol.co,/craryville7/TheNewMe/

Anonymous said...

What a great couple of days!  I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Russ