Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Judging myself.

Affirmation for this week of PERCEPTION - "I rise above judging my experiences as 'good' or 'bad,' for I know that all are ultimately designed for my benefit."

 

Learning from the mistakes that we make can be hard.  Well.. for me it's hard.. I don't care to be very introspective about what I do or what I've done.  As I've often heard "People that fail to study history are doomed to repeat it."  This can be true of anything, including the mistakes that I have been making on my efforts to lose weight.

Recognizing the mistakes is easy enough.  I think the hard part comes in changing from something that was "easy" and "mindless" to always being mindful.  For me, there isn't a reward system in the world that can keep me on the path to success if the sidetrail looks interesting enough.

I guess the trick here is to look at the mistake, take the knowledge I can gain from it, and then release it from holding me back.  Until the next time I stumble. As they say.. failure only comes when you don't get up "one more time".


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!  That's my nephew, not my son in my journal.  I kinda consider him a son since I did raise him for 3 yrs. while my brother got his life together.  Thanx for the comment.  Hugs,  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

Well Miss Estela I can't read this and not want to ask what brought it on and WHAT mistakes have you been making?  Come on girl, you have to tell us the good AND the bad.  <G>
Great post -
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Great entry and insight Estella.....good for you!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

You really are an inspiration you know that! I think you are really going to see teh results youwant with this new devotion to the plan! Good Luck girl!
Donna

Anonymous said...

I complete agree and feel what you are saying here.....MaryAlice