Thursday, May 4, 2006

Starting over, commitment, and other flotsam

Well.. I wish I could say the news was better from here.  The non-stop lifestyle is starting to take it's toll on my eating habits.  On the one side.... my clothes still fit.. but on the other side.. they are not fitting the way I'd like them.  One too many days of "oh, this time won't hurt".. is really starting to hurt.

I have two formal dinners ahead of me... one at the end of next week on Friday...and another on the 20th.  The smaller dress I bought does not fit at the moment, but luckily I bought one in my current size "just in case".  I'll be wearing that one and thankfully it does fit and I really like it.  So.. my hope is that I can lose just enough to look really good in the dress that fits between now and next Friday and that by the 20th MAYBE I'll have slimmed down enough to get in the 18.

Product Image Product Image This is my "default" outfit. A blouse and skirt combination that I like very much.

My weigh in this morning was 220.  Someplace I thought I wouldn't be again.. so I'm very disappointed that I have backtracked again.

Chubclub (the weight loss support group to which I belong) is challenging us to do "Boot Camp" style workouts for awhile (I'm sure there was an end date, but I don't always retain everything I read).  At any rate, I've started mine this morning.

I did a WATP tape: Walk and Jog, followed by a strength tape from Kathy Smith for the lower body.  Feel good. 

 Hoping to make my breakfast soon, but the repair guy for the dishwasher just showed up..... my kitchen is just too small for all of us to be in there at once.  Guess breakfast will have to wait for a small while.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Estela!  You've started the boot camp and are well on your way to dropping the weight!  I'm sure that no matter what you wear to these fornals, you'll look great!  And on the upside of your diet...at least you know that it's not working and didn't wait until after packing on 30 lbs that something had to give!!  I'm so happy that you've decided to do the Boot Camp and I know it will have great rewards down the road!!!!       Angie

Anonymous said...

Oh so NOW I see why you were so willing to jump into this insane Boot Camp idea, lol - you have events to look purdy for!  Ok that works for me.  ;o)
I will be joining you on Monday girl - 5:00am, what the heck was I thinking???
Stacy
Oh btw LOVE that skirt and blouse, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Estella! You've had a lot of different emotions to deal with over the past weeks so don't be too hard on yourself. Now that you all are back in a routine.....I have no doubts you'll get back where you were very quickly and then soar past it! In the mean time.....your outfit is beautiful and you are going to shine like a star at those dinners :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~