Monday, February 5, 2007

box of pictures

Paul arrived home from Mesa on Saturday. During his week there, he was able to visit his parents (they live about 70 miles from Mesa) three times.  I'm happy to say that he found both of them in good health and good spirits.  Paul's parents are purging belongings. I can't quite decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. They sent Paul home with a box of pictures and with a quilt (Paul's mom quilts) wall hanging that I had always jokingly said that I wanted. 

The pictures have been a great source of laughs and remembrances for us. When we moved to Germany in 2004, we left all our unreplaceable things (like photo albums) in storage (our first move to Germany in 1985 saw the loss of our wedding videos) so they couldn't be stolen or lost in the move. So we've been without the family pictures for some time.  Of course, besides pictures from our travels, there were also pictures of Paul from when he was young... ones that I had never seen before. And pictures of our kids from when they had visited grandma and grandpa. I might spend my year here putting some of the old pictures of Paul together in a photo album.

Paul's mother had also kept the letters that I had sent over the years to them to let them know how things were going and what things we had seen on our trips around places.  It was fun to read these notes and see the pictures I sent with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey I am glad that his trip went well and I know  that you treasure these girfts. hugs sherry