Sunday, February 18, 2007

Signed up for a 5k fun run/walk

The Naval station has a weekly paper that lists all the stuff that is going on around the base here. At least all the stuff they want us to know about anyway. In amongst the news was a blurb about a Leatherneck 5k registration.

They had a website, so I checked out the date and requirements.  As soon as they included walking as a choice, I knew I had to sign up.  So I did.

On April 21, I'll be doing a 5k in and around Patuxent River NAS.  I'm hoping to convince either Kim or Paul to walk with me. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go girl I am so proud I can't wait to hear how it goes...
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

This will be awesome!  I've been doing this with the arthritis foundation every year for the last 3 yrs.  My Next one is May 11th.  We have hilly terrain so I jog going down the hills and walk up the hills.  It's a great workout leaving me exhausted!  LOL  But I love it!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Good for you girl, I don't think I could do it...
MaryAlice