Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Where should one draw inspiration?

 One of my close friends has finally decided to start dieting.  She has kept her weight to herself for several years now, but she is willing to admit that she wants to lose at least 50 lbs and "reassess from there".  She is about 5ft 10 inches tall, so based on her sub goal amount, I'm guessing that she weighs at least 230 lbs. 

At any rate, she began dieting about two weeks ago, right after what I thought was going to be the final break up with her married boyfriend. She is already down 9 lbs, and while I am very happy for her, I am also feeling a bit envious.

In the last few weeks, I've been off again as far as the diet and the exercise goes.  I just can't seem to want to lose weight MORE than I want to eat what I want, when I want.

Knowing that my friend is currently having some success, I woke up motivated today to get going.  Is it a bad thing to feel so competitive against a friend?  I'm not quite at the point where I hope she fails. I really do hope that she succeeds... I just kind of wish I could get to the finish line first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, since your friend just started dieting, what she is losing is water weight, we all know that comes off fast.  Once that weight is gone, her losses will slow.   Maybe a little friendly competition with your friend will keep your motivation up' A My motivation seems to be coming and going too.  I do try to be careful, but I find it hard to accept the fact that I can't eat just anything anymore.
Madison

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean I am so jealious when I see people drop big numbers I myself have never been that fortnate use what ever it takes to get motivated.
hugs
Sherry