Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Upping my walking strategy

Two hour delay for the girls' school today.  Which means they are still underfoot.  I'm waiting for them to leave before I start working with Mac.  Although in the meantime, he's working on some of the things he does without my help.

Okay, so for the last 12 days I've been a complete slug.  I have had no motivation since Paul came home and TOM arrived.  I'm not exactly sure which is more to blame.  But I do know that I need to get moving again.

Last night, against Paul's better judgement the girls and I went off to Walmart during the early part of our "wintry mix" weather.  This week is "Spirit" week at school and the girls needed a few things to augment their planned participation.  I thought I'd also pick up a new ice scraper/snow sweeper for the car windshields while I was there. (Thus assuring that there would be no true detectible snow for our area).

During my wanderings through Walmart (it's near impossible to make a beeline to the item you want), I found telescoping hiking poles.  These are one of the new "IT" things for increasing the calorie burn during your walks.  Now, these are clearly an inexpensive option (sold individually, they are priced at 9.95 each) and I am not sure they would work for all people (they telescope to a length that is right for me,but I'm short).  These may even be children's ... but hey.. if it works, right?   I didn't buy them last night, but I may go back and buy them tomorrow, once the "wintry mix" is past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found telescoping hiking poles. I have never heard of these please let us know what they do and how they do it ... I am always looking for new ideas
Happy Valentines Day
hugs
Sherry