Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Der Schnee! Der Schnee!

Mood: Flabbergasted!

Since that little mood slot up there doesn't ever have the exact mood I'm in, I've decided to start adding my own.

It is snowing today in Southern Maryland.  I watched the news this morning while Kimberly was getting ready for school ... .at 6 am this morning, we didn't have snow, but they were predicting it.

I had to leave the house around 9:30 am to pick up our other car... still no snow.. but it was cold and overcast. After picking up the car and sending Kendra off to school (YAY for having a second driver when Paul's not home), I went off to Walmart to pick up a few essentials.  By the time I was done in Walmart (and it was a reasonably short trip), it was snowing outside. Lots and lots of little snowflakes.  Nothing accumulating.

I was torn between heading for home (I had no coat... why I left the house with no coat, I couldn't tell you... I chalk it up to 24 winters in Phoenix) and making my last stop at JoAnn Fabrics for more batting.  Knowing that I couldn't really finish my sewing without more batting I decided to make the stop before coming home. 

Leaving Joann's I noticed that the snow was really coming down! The flakes were bigger and there was a bit of a wind to boot, so I felt like I was in a big snow globe.  I ran into the Pizza Hut that was right there and grabbed two personal pan pizzas for lunch (for Mac and I).  The Pizza guy told me that the internet weather site is predicting snow through the weekend.  Now normally this would be kind of cool... but since my packers are coming on Monday to pack and loading my stuff on the truck on Tuesday of next week... I can't say that I am particularly thrilled to think it's going to snow all weekend. Movers are NOT exactly known for their consideration of water absorbing furniture.

My forecast says something different.  Sun all weekend long.. rain on Tuesday. Not exactly much better, but I'm hoping that my forecast is more accurate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there from loudon county, Va.!!!!

the white stuff started to come down here around 6 30 ish....mmm pizza sounds good, but I will not have the pizza hut guys come out in this, so its shake and bake chicken, green beans and apples and brownies!

Anonymous said...

It has been cold here, but not "snow cold"
I do not envy you having to deal with movers in that kind of weather.
Stay warm

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart.   I hope things work out perfectly for your move.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Moving is hard but to have to do it in bad winter and around the holidays oh girl how do you do it ..
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Good luck, I hope all goes well!!!

Joann