Sunday, August 12, 2007

List making

I have arrived at a point in my life where I need to make lists.  Anything beyond three things and I won't remember them.

Last week I thought to myself "I need one of those grocery lists with a magnet to stick it on my refrigerator door, so I can annotate those items we need on the next trip to the store. "  Then I thought "I've seen those down the aisle that the brooms, mops and such are on, I'll pick one up next time I'm at the store"

On Wednesday, Kim and I went shopping.  I stood in the aisle where the brooms, mops and such are... and thought "there was something I needed on this aisle." Out loud I said to Kim.. "I need something on this aisle...can you think of anything we need from here?"

She looked around and said, "nope."  (It's a cleaning aisle, of course she's going to say 'No')   I stood there for a good 3 or 4 minutes, running every thought I've had over the last few days, trying to remember what it was I needed from that aisle.  And I just couldn't remember... so .. we finished up the last few aisles and came home.

On Thursday I remembered I needed the grocery list pad from the broom aisle. <sigh>

Anyway.. I am making a list on some note paper I found of the things I need to do tomorrow.  The one thing I can't do is go buy my grocery list pad because the commissary is closed tomorrow.  Tuesday I need to remember to look back at this entry to remind me I need the pad.

In the meantime, my list for tomorrow includes

1. Call the school "bank" to deal with Kimberly's debt from last year. I think we haven't received her new schedule BECAUSE they think we have this outstanding book fee.  We don't.

2. Call Mrs. Moore and schedule driving lessons for the girls.  With the driving classes they took at the beginning of the summer, 6 hours of driving instruction is included.  We still need to schedule those hours.

I'm limited to tasks I can take care of either by phone or around the house because we dropped off my car this evening for an oil and filter change.  The girls and I leave on Thursday for our wild weekend in Ohio (remember the concert).  Paul wanted us to be in a recently serviced car for the trip.. which is sweet, but I'm the one that has to do without for a day.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What concert??  Have fun, anyway!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Anything beyond one thing and I won't remember!  LOL  I had the same experience in the cleaning aisle a couple weeks ago.  I hate when that happens!  
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

I make lists, but leave em where they were made. Scott has threatened to buy me one of those voice recorders, that go on your key chain<bitch stare to him>
LOL.....hey, we could both get one and make em like the new bestest thing* hehehhe

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

I have a pad stuck on the fridge to write things down as Ineed them, the only problem with this is, nobody writes anything down but me.  Nobody remembers what we need until I come home, then the "list" comes pouring out.  Mom did you get this..........mom did you get that....nope, it wasn't on the list, lol.
Madison

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have a few of those magnetic shopping lists on the fridge....which I forget to use! LOL I end up using a sticky note and then usually misplace the dang thing! almost makes me want to write on my hand like I did in school! lol
Hope you can remember to look back in your journal! *wink*
:) Sandi(who also has selective memory a LOT lately)