Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wrapping up the day

I think Paul had a good time today. (if you don't count the part where he had to go to school.) 

We took him to the mexican restaurant he likes for dinner.... considering where we are (middle of nowhere).. it's not too bad.  I respected his wish to not make a big fuss there and make everyone sing Happy Birthday to him (I'm so nice)

His request for a cake this year was a batch of Oreo brownies. Kimberly baked those up this afternoon.  She's so cute... she actually managed to break the Oreos into pieces that spelled Happy Birthday across the brownies...

His big gift this year is his leather jacket with a personally designed picture painted on the back.  We're in the process of having that work done.  He'll get that back in about 6-8 weeks.

We also picked up a book he's been wanting (though it will be a few months before he has time for pleasure reading again)..1776 by David McCullough.  And finally.. for a bit of fun.. we got him a copy of the movie "Clerks". 

I'm packing for our trip tomorrow.. and by "our" .. I mean the girls and I.  We leave early to trek over to Ohio for the big concert (Projekt Revolution) on Friday.  Our hotel looks pretty awesome, has an indoor pool and all the amenities we could ask for, so I think we'll be having a rocking weekend with Kim's best friend joining us there.

I should be back on Sunday.. and in the meantime, Paul says "Thanks so much for all the well wishes."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Paul had a good time, and what nice presents!  He should feel properly spoiled! And now its time for you to get some spoiling, glad you are getting away and it looks like you'll be having a wonderful time.  Look forward to hearing about it, and as I tell my daughters -- lol -- have a fun, but not toooo much fun! :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad Paul had a good birthday!!!  Have a BLAST at the concert this weekend!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Glad it was a good birthday....mmmmm Oreo brownies.
lol
Enjoy the trip.

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

Glad hubby had a good birthday.  Enjoy your trip this weekend.
Madison

Anonymous said...

have a safe and happy trip I wish I was going with you girl .
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Have a blast this weekend with the girls!
Hugs,
D