Monday, August 27, 2007

Time flies

Wow, you know.. I'm on this computer every day for one reason or several... but I can't believe it's been over a week since I've written anything that wasn't a Meme. 

So the concert weekend went well. We met up with the BFF on Thursday afternoon.  The girls spent the rest of that day at the pool.  Friday morning I fed them, then took them to the concert.  They had a great time.  I went exploring once I got rid of the girls. Found a quilt store and bought a new quilt book.  Went back to the hotel and read. Very relaxing.

We had to cut the weekend short because BFF and her mom had to catch a "hop" back to Germany. That's a space available flight in a military aircraft. Way cheaper than a regular airline, but far less dependable too. The mission and the soldiers, equipment, etc have priority and family members don't always get a seat. So.. it's important to be there for all the possible flights you can grab.


glitter-graphics.comKim started back at school on Wednesday last week.  She likes all her teachers and was really excited to see that her French teacher was back (she had a baby shortly after school ended in June).  Kendra started college today. Sweet schedule she has..goes in at 10AM and is done by 3pm. No classes on Friday.  I see most of my morning struggles being finished.

Did I mention that we are homeschooling Mac again this year? Due to several misunderstandings with the H.S. registrar, it just became easier to keep him home (since we are moving mid-year anyway).  I'm still waiting for his books to show up, so he's still sleeping in a bit in the mornings.

Yesterday, I played "meals on wheels" for our newest new mommy (our group here has several pregnant women). I tried to make it a special meal so they could celebrate the birth of their son. I made Sweet Vermouth Chicken, Maple glazed carrots, steamed brocolli, mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, brownies and we chilled a nice Auslese wine.

Today, I'm experimenting with my own family.  I'm attempting to recreate the new mini-burgers that are showing up on so many menus these days.  I got all the fixings.. I'm just gonna fancy mine up a bit with bacon and cheddar cheese.... YUM!  I'll let you know how that all turns out.  And of course a nice salad and some cheddar-bacon fries on the side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your trip went well.  My kids don't go back to school until Thursday of next week!  Why bother sending them for 2 days?  That's just a tease, lol.  Where are your moving to next?  Seems like you just got settle in.
Madison

Anonymous said...

glad your trip was enjoyed.
those lil mini burgers sound fun and hell anything wrapped in bacon and smothered in cheddar has to be great! lol

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

Ive actually made my own mini burgers...used ground round and baby food beef sounds gross but actually came out like white castles..anyways I have been thinking a lot about you the last few days so much so until I even mentioned you to the hub in one of his calls over the weekend. I got a welcome letter from a Army wife from WTC. She sends it out to all Newbies...she has some great web sites to go too and so forth. But for some reason my mind would go right back to you and thinking of all the years you have devoted to this lifestyle. One ? for you...of all the bases which if you had to choose today would you pick? I know its different with each MOS but I am really struggling here on that wish list...I wish there was no wish list at this moment...LOL. Huggggs, Robin

Anonymous said...

Applebee's has these mini bacon cheeseburgers that are so very PERFECT!  Add a pitcher of beer and you basically have Heaven!

Russ