Thursday, February 14, 2008

THAT didn't take long!


glitter-graphics.com

Kendra got her first speeding ticket last Friday... she waited until Tuesday to tell us. 16 miles over the posted limit.  $125.00 fine.  Thank goodness for Christmas money.. .ha ha.

So... what I really love is the explanation.... "I think that cop pulled me over because he was paranoid.  I had just passed an accident involving a police car.  I bet the cop that pulled me over was upset about that accident and was all paranoid that another would happen."

MMMM... maybe because you were going 16 miles over the limit???  You don't think that might actually have had a little something to do with it?? 

OH.. yeah.. and really, really loved the segue in which she mentioned the ticket in the first place. We were talking about such mundane things as gas money and such... when she suddenly slips in "I got a speeding ticket on Friday."     OY!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's kids for ya!  Krissy has done that to me a couple times.  We're be talking on the phone and she will slip that in on me.   <Sigh>
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

my now 18 y/o got his first (and hopefully only) speeding ticket when he was about 16 years old. I had to laugh because he called us saying he was going to be late home because he got pulled over for a ticket when he was hurrying home to make curfew. I was like "why didn't you just call and say you would be home a few minutes later rather than speed home?" $90 in his case and he was going 25 miles over the speed limit. When it gets them in the pocketbook, they start being wiser, one can only hope!

betty

Anonymous said...

It's a well known fact, parents are the last to find out anything! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

lol is she still breathing ? I hope you have a great weekend
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Is she losing her license? I don't know the laws anymore, and they are different in every state!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

How long has she been driving???  How old is she again??  Was she nervous when they pulled her over??  LOL!!!  

Joann

Anonymous said...

That Kendra....I just love how she just "mentioned" the ticket, out of the blue and her explanation of "why" she got it, oh lawd, she is funny.

Hugs
erica