Saturday, February 16, 2008

"marathon" weekend

Again, poor choices in the mood department.  AOL has added so many other features, why can't they either add to that pull-down menu OR allow us to type in our mood?

Okay.. .so this is it... the last weekend we have to make our house "complete."  I've  been working all week while everyone is at school or work....so we don't have too much to do... but I'm pretty sure it's going to be at least two days of this three day weekend.

We are down to 3 boxes in our bedroom, 1 in the hallway, and about 10 boxes in our dining room/living room.  And I think half of those are book boxes.  We read a lot.

So.... interesting thing I found during this week was a poster that I had bought at the Phoenix Art Gallery.  Still in its tube. Don't even remember buying it, but since it has a price tag on it, I assume its not a gift.  Just for reference, half our stuff went into storage while we were in Germany.... so besides the boxes of stuff we've had with us all along, we've been going through boxes we've not seen in 4 plus years.

So, I unroll the poster and I am shocked and confused.  It is a print of art-deco-ish/ psychadelic flowers. In very bold colors.  I can't imagine a time when this poster would have appealed to me. LMAO.  I rolled it back up and put it back in its tube.  Maybe I thought it would look cool as a quilt? Inspiration, you know?  At any rate... I'm leaving that one to deal with later.

Off to the boxes!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the unpacking...........just think, when this weekend is over, you're done, lol!
Madison
http/journals.aol.com.craryville7/TheNewMe/

Anonymous said...

I have been leaving comments in Magic Smoke journal that we need more moods for over a year now.  When they had done a roser change, I mentioned it again.  They then ask me why didn't you tell us.  It would have been easy to to do! I have been telling them and so has other ppl.  Still waiting.  <Sigh>
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

You're almost done....whoohooo!!!!

LOL about the poster! Sometimes I find stuff I bought and I say "what was I thinking?" <G>

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

kind of like Christmas going through boxes you haven't seen in 4 years! I bet you are excited to be almost completely done

I agree with you; wish AOL let us type our own mood in; a lot of times none of theirs fit mine

enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with buying stuff, forgetting about it, finding it later and thinking "WTF?"


Russ

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!  Yes, AOL needs WAY more moods!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOOO AGREE with you on AOL allowing us to type in our own mood!!! Glad to see the unpacking isnt getting the best of ya....now come help unpack me....yup still 2 rooms have yet to be done..lol. Huggs Robin

Anonymous said...

I agree, I wish we could type in our mood, rather than be regelated to a few choices. Good luck with the last of the boxes hon! (Hugs) Indigo