Friday, May 9, 2008

All that and a bag of frozen groceries

Miley is nothing if not expressive.  She loves to chew toes and socks. She loves the cat, but the cat is not loving the dog. The cat is downright fierce when Miley is in the back yard looking through the window. Smokey takes these moments to register her serious unhappiness with the dog.  Smokey shadow boxes with Miley.  It's actually kind of funny. When Miley is inside.. the cat is as cool as a cucumber.. making sure there is always plenty of space between her and Miley... . but as soon as the dog is out of doors, Smokey is at the window, batting and hissing. 

In other news, I finally have an upright freezer. I've been wanting one of these things since we first got married.  My parents had a freezer while we were growing up (I think the big thing in the 70's was to buy half a  cow). When Paul and I got married, I had a few shopping trips early on when I forgot that I had to think about the space in the freezer (not much). Anyway, I sold a bunch of stuff on e-bay (homeschooling books, etc) and managed to make enough to buy my freezer.

The freezer we chose is one of the smaller uprights, but even at that I had to rearrange my kitchen (twice) and we had to figure out the best route to get the freezer in from the truck to the kitchen. That route ended up being in the front door down through the living room and around through the doorway between the dining roon and the kitchen.  It was convoluted, but it was the widest way.

and of course, I had to go shopping for freezer items.  I bought tons! It is so cool to be able to buy any frozen thing I want and know, absolutely know that it's gonna fit in the freezer.

Oh yeah... and this whole insane week (new dog, new freezer, new speeding ticket for Kendra) happened with Paul out of the net. He'll be home for the weekend and then he's off again on Monday for another week. June is looking to be more of the same (Paul gone all the time).

The girls and I are heading to Las Vegas next weekend for my niece's wedding. We'll be seeing a lot of family and we are trying to fit in a show(Cirque de Soleil). 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!  I've always wanted an upright freezer, my parents had one to.  But, I've been thnking that since the boys are older, and aren't going to be living with us forever, (I hope) that I might not need it now.  I needed it before.  So, now I'm on the fence about it.
Madison

Anonymous said...

awww what a cutie!!!

my dog loved the cat we had....once it was known who was boss......the cat.



Anonymous said...

Aw.....he is a cutie!  I want a dog so bad!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Her eyes just say "love me unconditionally please".

Russ

Anonymous said...

ah honey I love my freezer it was the last thing my grandpa bought me brand new and he always said lil girl  you will never go hungry as long as you fill this freezer and you know what he was right .