Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Blind Leading The Blind

...Or how one person should always carry a set of reading glasses.

 

Paul and I went out for dinner tonight. Now obviously by my subtitle, we use reading glasses.

Typically, I wear glasses to see (in general) and when I have to read something out in public, I lift up my glasses and bring the item much closer to my face.  When I am wearing contacts, I need to use reading glasses. Paul has excellent vision, except when he has to read something. Now that we are in our forties, he also needs reading glasses.

On Tuesday, I left my glasses on my bed. I couldn't see them (I'm that blind) and had forgotten them, so when clamoring up on my bed to put on my socks and shoes, I managed to smash them with my knee. Bent beyond repair. I've been wearing my contacts ever since... which is fine, except I can't read without reading glasses.

So, we go to our favorite pizza joint, Mellow Mushroom.  We are so used to their menus, neither of us thought about bringing along our reading glasses.  They had new menus tonight, and new items and I had to try to read all of this without benefit of my glasses, not being able to take out my contacts to read (without a wetting solution, they'll never go back in).  

Our server had to come around three times before we were finally able to decipher enough of the menu to be able to make selections. 

We've decided that we need to get another couple of pairs of reading glasses to keep in our cars at all times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!  What a night... so sorry!! LOL!!!  Very funny!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm sorry, but that is just to funny.  But, since I need glasses to read I have taken an older pair of mine and put them in the glove box of my car in case I don't have a pair in my purse, which happens since they spend most of their time in my work bag.  Nothing worse than having to hold something at all sorts of weird angles to be able to read it, lol.
Madison

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I am not alone on this lol
hugs
Sherry
http://journals.aol.com/shrbrisc/sherrys-weightloss-journey/

Anonymous said...

Hello Estela..
Boy it has been a long time..  Glad things are going good with you...  When I read this entry I couldn't help but laugh...  I to have to wear reading glasses.. thisis new for me this year and I hate them..  I have always had perfect vision...  I have about 5 pairs, I keep them all over the place including my car....  
It was nice checking in on you... Have missed you..
::::hugs::::
MaryAlice