Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Highs and the Lows of it

This past weekend Kendra, Kim and I were in Las Vegas.  We went for a family wedding, but also managed to take in a Cirque Du Soleil performance at Treasure Island.

The weather was hot!  The wedding was in a very nice chapel, followed by a reception at a park. Did I mention the weather was hot!?  Kendra developed a heat headache during the afternoon.

I have pictures, I just haven't had them developed yet so I can post them here.  I have finally asked for a digital camera for my birthday (next month), so that I can post pictures much faster.

So, that was the high.. a great weekend with my daughters.

The low is that we are going to be finding a new home for Miley.  Bless her heart, she wants to be a good dog, but she keeps missing the mark.  And even that wouldn't be enough for us to want to get rid of her, she really has wormed her way into our hearts. And I know that with proper training (for us and her) she'd be a great dog.

Nope, the problem lies in the fact that Mac (the boy that wanted the dog) has developed allergies to her.  He is congested and wheezy all day. I was taken aback to discover this because we've had the cat forever and he isn't like this with the cat.... neither am I for that matter, but I have also been suffering with Miley in the house.  All in all, I find this development frustrating because I really did want this to work out. UGH.

I've contacted our lady at the pet rescue (we signed a contract that requires us to contact her first) to see how she would like to proceed.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry honey hopefully they will find her another home ..
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's sad... but you are doing what you have to do.  I'm sorry.  Glad you had a good time in Vegas, that heat is a real killer sometimes.

Joann

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoy your vegas trip, inspite of the heat!  Sorry to hear things did not work out with Miley.  Hope it works out soon to find it a good home soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Miley...I'm sure she'll find a good home.

Russ