Monday, July 21, 2008

musings on medication

I slept better last night than I have in a while.  Not the whole night, but at least enough to be functioning today. After the last four days of illness, I can see how easy it is to accidentally overdose on medications.  Especially if no one else is monitoring your consumption. 

All you want is relief from symptoms. You take something you think will help, and it does for a little while....but then symptoms return and you think.... guess it's time for another dose....but it's really not.  Don't worry about me... I am fine,  and I tend to err on the side of caution anyway.  With the kids, I always write down the times and names of medications they take.  I guess I should do the same with myself.

Today, Kendra has a dental appointment. First one with our new dentist.  Another task I can cross off my list of  "to do" items.  Everyone will have seen our new dentist with Kendra's visit today.  To celebrate the four of us (sans Paul) are going to the bowling alley to have lunch and bowl a game.  They have a sweet deal here, the shoes, meal and two games for about $7.00.   Works for us. :)

Anyway, won't be any pictures of this event because Paul has my camera. grrr

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon girl
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

As long as you don't mix the meds with Schnapps you should be okay.  Trust me on that one.  ;)

Russ

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.  I always write down what meds I took and the time because it can beform very confusing if you don't.
Madison

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the meds.  I'm late...hoping you're feeling better by now.
Hugs,
Dana