Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pictures from the Aquarium

Fever broke yesterday. Now I just have a sore throat and headache. I'm hoping that will be gone by tomorrow.  doubt it, but I can hope. :)

Here the four kidlets are as we arrive inside the aquarium. Chad is the one on the left.

Spider crabs.  very scary to look at, there were several in the tank.  They didn't move much though.. so probably not so scary at all. Kind of remind me of the face huggers in Alien.

These are garden eels. Kind of reminded me of those wispy things in the Seawitch's garden in The Little Mermaid.   The orange striped ones were pretty.

Jellies (not jelly FISH since they don't share any of the characteristics that make fish "fish").

The Beluga Whale.. beluga means white in russian... very playful animal.

some of the colorful fish from the coral reefs

Observation bubble that allowed the kids to get an eye to eye view of the penguins. Chad jumped in to check it out.

Whale Sharks. The whole reason for our visit. Very cool. very large.. and they aren't even the largest they can get... impressed the heck out of me though.

My favorite sea creatures are the sea horse and sea dragon.. this is one of the sea dragons.  Oneof the sea dragons at the aquarium is carrying eggs on its tail.  They are due to hatch in the next two weeks.  Very cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good pictures, esp. for inside an aquarium! I'm impressed! And hey, don't those crabs look like the face huggers from Alien? lol

Dan

Anonymous said...

Glad you're starting to feel better.  The aquarium pics are great.  I actually got to the Camden aquarium in Jersey before I moved out of state.  Such neat places.
Madison

Anonymous said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing... maybe I'll check out the aquarium out here.

Joann

Anonymous said...

I love these pics!
Hugs,
Dana