Sunday, February 5, 2006

Dinner was a smashing success!

Hearts

Dinner was pretty good.  The recipes all came from Cooking Light Magazine, either Nov 2005 or Dec 2005. 

The main course was Sweet Vermouth Chicken.  This was incredibly easy to make and the flavor was awesome. Definitely a new recipe that will be used over and over again. The per serving calorie count was 315.  For WW points it came to: 6.

Side dishes were Honey-Glazed Carrots. YUMMY!! Calories: 51 WW points: 0.

Basmati Rice (I had to substitute the rice, so I was not thrilled with the result... would not make this recipe again)

Mixed Salad with toasted walnuts  (cal: 55, WW points: 1) and Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette( cal: 14, WW points: 0).  Another one that I would do again.

Flaky Dinner Rolls (cal: 160, WW points: 3).  I would definitely do this one again.

Champagne GlassesWinter Spiced Red Wine Sangria (the biggest hit of the night!) Cal: 149, WW points: 3.

Dessert was a hodge-podge affair, since I was unable to get all the ingredients I needed for my first choice.  We had cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Not a light dessert, but definitely good.

Hearts

 

We spent part of the evening doing facial masks (cooling, invigorating, etc) and doing manicures.  It was fun and relaxing and I think everyone had a good time.  I also gave each guest a picture of the six of us from Halloween that came out nice (I think it was in a previous entry here) plus a small valentine sampler (chocolates). Sweet Somethings

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dinner looks and sounds yummy!!! I'd love the recipe for the carrots :)  I bet everyone was glad you were the cook, you made wonderful choices.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I would love to get a faical mask.  Sounds like you had fun!