Friday, August 4, 2006

Changes

We are an Army family living on a Navy Base.  It is different.  Not better, not worse... just different.  I am not even sure where to begin in noting some of these differences, but they are not hard to miss once you are forced to see them.

Our neighbors in Apartment A are also Army.  He's a blackhawk pilot currently going through the Test Pilot course that Paul will be starting in January.  We met them briefly in the hall this afternoon.  His name is Adam. .. but sadly I can't remember the wife's name ( he wore a name tag)

Setting up a new household is stressful.  Everything is discussed to the Nth degree.  At least with Paul it is.  He asks for my opinion.. and when I give it, he second guesses it anyway.  GRRR...  So when I say.. well.. you are in a better position to know. you choose..he gets all huffy that I don't want to debate it to death. 

So, we are now on a countdown to when Paul leaves to Alabama. He leaves here August 25.  It's kind of hit or miss whether the furniture will arrive before he goes.  Knowing my luck... I'll be receiving it on my own. 

My sister is really down on WW.  She keeps trying to get me to try anything but WW.   We have Curves in the area, and I have been a member there and done well.. But what I really want is a local support group.  I hope that one of these classes that meets here locally works out for me. 

I know I've gained weight during this move.. it's just been too stressful for me not to have (plus I can feel the change in my clothes).  We (Paul and I) are set to start back on our workouts on Monday.  I will try to attend the WW meeting next week.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say I love WW... I know people who are down on it too. Not every plan works for everyone. I hope you enjoy it and find the support you need. Hugs~~Carol~~

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WW is working for me... I have also started going to back to curves.  MaryAlice  

Anonymous said...

Take it easy girl ! No need to stress yourself out like that ! I know moving and setting up will tke a toll on anyone and any family ! If you get a chance try and find some time for maybe just yourself a or may you and Paul to get in some  time before he has to leave again!
Donna

Anonymous said...

How nice that you are doing this together.... I know you will miss him when he leaves... MaryAlice