Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Done Driving

Mood: Thrilled to be done driving

We arrived around 6:00pm this evening. After dark.  A lot has changed on Fort Rucker since the last time I was here.  Not the least of which, the location of the Guest house registration.  Finding buildings in the dark SUCKS! 

We finally found the registration office by accident.. LOL... and managed to get into our room about 7 pm.  We did not stray too far off this evening. Grabbed a meal at the bowling alley and snacks at the shoppette to avoid having to drive off post in the dark.

Kendra drove from Mobile to the post.  Lots of  back roads, but she did a great job. We finished Twilight today. I am absolutely convinced that the movie will focus more time and energy on the conflict (that takes up about 3 chapters in the 24 chapter book) and less time on the gradual building of the relationship. We'll see.. I have a bet with Kim on this.

Paul and Mac arrive tomorrow, our furniture arrives on Friday, and we should have internet in the house by tuesday. :)

All for this session.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you've arrived safely!!!  Get some rest!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Wow how long have I been MIA from JLand?  I had no clue you were moving AGAIN!  Where are you now?  Good thing I didn't send that very expensive Christmas present I got ya, huh? ::wink::  
I am so glad that you are going to be reading the new journal and we are going to be doing this together AGAIN ... but can we make this the last time? :o)
And I am SO glad I have another Bob lover with me ... no one understands my crush ... is he not adorable?
Good luck with the move!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

WoooHoooo, It is over and ya'll made it.
Have a good rest, you have earned it girly.

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys made back.  sounds like you get a few days to rest before you have to unpack.  Enjoy it.
Madison

Anonymous said...

Your home I can't wait to hear all about the new digs and to get you on here more often , glad you are safe and sound.
hugs
Sherry