Thursday, January 3, 2008

Interesting Discoveries at the End of the Road

It's 7:38 am in Alabama... I've been up for almost an hour (WTF!). More disturbing, I didn't go to bed until 3 AM and I am wide awake.  What is up with that?

The girls are still sleeping...and I'm trying to be patient because it's not their fault I don't sleep a lot. I mentioned that Kendra drove yesterday.  She took over in Mobile, as we transitioned from the I-10 to the I-65. 92 miles on the Highway, then we had to move onto smaller roads.

Small roads in Alabama scare the heck out of me.  They are narrow, and wind all over the place.  You can't see more than 100 yards ahead of you sometimes because of the bends and turns.  And that's in the daylight.

Kendra is a competent driver.  She did fine. She did not make any mistakes.  I really want to be clear on that point.

My butt muscles are sore this morning.  Apparently, I kept them clenched for the last hour of the drive yesterday.  Who knew that driving the backroads of Alabama with a new driver could be considered a form of isometric exercise?  LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your entry is SO FUNNY.... your cracked me up!!!  Maybe I should try letting my son take the wheel sometime...  nah!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Southern backroads......love em*
Glad you had Kendra driving. Just think of that lil ride as exercise for your glutes hehehe

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

I know the sleep thing I don't quite get how to manage it the way some people do .
hugs
Sherry