Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Puppy Hunt Has Begun

Mac has been asking for a dog for years.  I am not a dog person, I am a cat person.  But somehow that cute face managed to convince me that we should get a dog.

Last week we installed a fence for our back yard.

On 22 April, we are going dog hunting. We have a couple of good prospects in a nearby town (trying to rescue a pup as opposed to paying a breeder).

What lengths we moms go to, to make a family member happy.

 


glitter-graphics.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that is so exciting I am proud of you for rescuing a puppy have a great day
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

YEA a new doggie!!!  What breeds do you think you will be looking at?  Don't forget Petfinder.com and Craigslist!  I can't wait to see what you come home with.  Good luck!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Puppies are awesome....you'll be a dog-lover in no time.

Russ

Anonymous said...

A puppy will win your heart over SO FAST!   You'll be in love in no time.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

before you go to a breeder..try www.petfinder.com


Also there is lots of dogs that are being left behind due to foreclosers at the kennels and pounds and shelters

Anonymous said...

I've had a busy few days at my parent's house, and when I got home....I was too emotionally tired to do anything but crash. So I'm spending the day reading through missed entries and getting caught up. I'm so happy you are getting a puppy.....they are A LOT of work, but so worth it! I can't wait to see what you bring home :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I had dogs throughout my childhood . . now you couldn't pay me to own one. Cat person ALL the way here :)

Dan

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionsocom