Monday, June 25, 2007

Catching Up, Counting Down

Paul and I attended a ball game on the Saturday before Father's Day.  We drove up to Baltimore and spent the night at a hotel, walked to Camden Yards to see the Orioles play Arizona Diamondbacks.   Diamondbacks beat Orioles that day 8-4.  It was a good game, a couple of really outstanding plays for both teams.  The whole weekend was great and just the get away we needed.

While I was home at my mother's for Mother's Day, we had portraits taken... my mother, brother, sister and I (me?)... at any rate.. those came in to my mother's house last weekend.  Art was over at my mom's and called me so that we could figure out whose pictures were whose.  The portrait studio very kindly included a ton of extra pictures, but of different poses than what we had ordered and paid for (but those were in the envelope, too).  So over the phone (I had the original order sheet) Art and I sorted through the pictures.. made some educated guesses about what Susan paid for and divied up the pics. At one point, I did suggest to Art that he call Susan too and be sure that we had the pictures right.

Susan called me the next day ranting and raving about the pics.. she was convinced that Art had gone home with her pictures and that she's be getting the wrong sizes of portraits (she's in Colorado, mom and Art are in AZ.. and of course, Im in MD)... OMG... it was a rant worthy of a real life docudrama... LOL.  Seriously, she had me feeling so bad that I almost ordered another set of the pics to be delivered to her home.

Well.. pics showed up at her house on Friday, she called me and we went through the poses again.  Seems she did, in fact, get the poses in the sizes she wanted, plus a ton of extras.  She says .."I am so glad I wasn't too mean about this, since they turned out okay."  I had to say "OH??? were you nicer to Mom and Art than you were to me? Cuz I gotta tell you little sis.. that convo was harsh!"   and She said... "No, I guess I was mean to Mom too because she sent me a card of apology."  LMAO.. such a drama queen!

This week I am jumping through hoops.  We leave on Friday for WDW. I have to get the cat to the vet, Kim to the audiologist AND eye doctor, as well as pack clothes for 5 people (theydo help, but apparently I have the secret to making all the clothes fit in the least amount of bags). Plus all those errands one does before leaving home for an extended period.

Friday Kendra and I kicked around Walter Reed (hospital), getting an ultrasound and a KUB done before her surgery next month (7/10).  More on that when I know more.

Saturday we took off to the mall and movie watching.  We saw Fantastic Four:Silver Surfer.  LOVED IT!   It may not be everyone's cup of tea.. but I loved it.  and remember folks if you go.. its based on a COMIC BOOK.. not real life.. miracles happen all the time!  LOL

Okay.. off to do some more preliminary work.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! your sis is good.....she got a sorry card in the mail from mom? priceless* lol
Miracles do happen.....we just have to actually open our eyes and look around and acknowledge it all.
good luck with those hoops this week.

Hugs
Erica

Anonymous said...

I will keep kendra in my prayers and we all have family drama queens I am glad you called her on it maybe next time she will think before she reacts lol... My family are always fighting over silly stuff I would hate to think what would happen if we all got together for a family portrait there might be blood shed lol
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

That's the great thing about having absolutely no relationship with my siblings -- no talking means no drama!  

You handled it well.

Russ