Saturday, June 23, 2007

Senior Year Meme (not an original thought in my head today)

From Russ this and that, courtesy of Dawn... This looked like a fun meme, so I had to do it.  :)

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.

1. Name of your homeroom teacher. I don't think we had homerooms.. I went to a "progressive" school.  Well.. if we had homeroom, I can't remember the teacher's name. EEK
2.What sports or clubs did you participate in? Senior Year it was yearbook, drillteam

3. What kind of car did you drive  A 1979 red Nissan Truck with black interior and no air conditioning, but it was brand new!... did I mention I grew up in Phoenix, AZ?

4. It's Friday night, where were you? At the school game (according to season) and then the school dance.
5. Were you a party animal? Sadly, I was. But I never drove after drinking.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Yes, but I was taken, so I wasn't a dangerous flirt.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Not my Senior year, but I had been in band my freshman year.
8. Were you a nerd? This was probably the one classification I never had... but my hot boyfriend was!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Not my Senior year. :)
10. Can you sing the fight song? Yes, and I can do the dance moves for it too.  Here's a bitof the words:

Ever onward Browne High School, strive with power and might: With our loyalty you'll rule, the Bruins will win tonight. From our goal we'll never stop, Brown and Orange you'll see.  When we're through we'll be on top... So cheer on for TGB!

Our Music Director, Mr. Washburn, wrote our song... :)
11. Who was your favorite teacher?  Mrs. Harthun, my french teacher.  She was awesome.
12. Did you cut on Senior cut day? Nope,

13. School mascot?  A bear... we were the Bruins
14. Did you go to Prom? Yeup, went with Paul (my husband)
15. If you could go back and do it over, would you?  Not sure.
16. What do you remember most about graduation?  My last name started with C, and Paul's started with S and my best friend's started with an R... I remember crouching at the end of my row and jumping up and hugging each of them as they returned to their seats.

17. What did you do on senior cut day?  Presumably I was in my classes, since i didn't go on ditch day.
18. Did you have a job your senior year?  Nope, I was the commander of our drill team, we competed all year long, I was determined to win first place that year... no time for a job.

19. Where did you go most often for lunch?  McDonald's.. I had a hamburger, fry, coke and cherry pie for under $2.00

20.Have you gained weight since then?  Yeup... tons of it.
21. What did you do after graduation?  Bryman School of Medical and Dental Careers (eye roll). 
22. When did you graduate?  1979
23. Who was your Senior prom date?  Paul

24. Are you going / did you go to your 10 year reunion?  Yes, I went to our 10 year in 1989.  It was fun, but I realized that the folks I like best I see everytime I'm in town and the rest I never cared for anyway.  It was the last one I attended.

25. Was your prom held at the school or in a hall? It was held at one of the hotels in town.  It was a very nice affair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was reading this entry I sudenly felt really old, lol. I can't remember most of this stuff!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I went to private school so we didn't all this stuff, so I am living it with the kids and it is so exciting ,,
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

After I did this meme I had dreams about highschool.  I'll be interested to hear if the same thing happened to you.

XX
Russ