Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I wish we knew the answer

This bit of information was taken from a story regarding the video that Al Quida has released claiming the soldiers taken are dead.

 

...Josh Devon, a senior analyst and cofounder of the SITE Institute, said that, in general, such insurgent videos had a mixed record on accuracy.

"Usually with hostages, they will show a video of the captives," Devon said. "They don't have that in this case."

He said the soldiers' military identification cards shown on the video appear genuine, but do not prove the soldiers were killed. But he added that the insurgent group would probably not release a video filled with boasts unless they were confident the soldiers were dead.

"They wouldn't want to have something they put out proven totally wrong," Devon said in a telephone interview. "They have to feel confident that they are not going to be exposed."

I wish we knew the truth.   A part of me feels that there is still hope and I will continue praying for a resolution in this matter.  But another part of me is sad, believing that Mr. Devon is probably correct that the people involved would not want to be found out as false.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could understand how such evil people walked this earth... I swear sometimes it amazes me how sick these people can get , my prayers for thier families and them...
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Bring.  All.  The.  Troops.  HOME.  NOW!  This war has been a giant failure.

(feel free to delete this post)

Russ

Anonymous said...

I fear for the worse.