Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Heartbreak of a different kind

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

 

This is going to sound so weird.  I received a "save the date" card from my best friend's son and his fiancee for their wedding.  Now.. I've known that this would be coming sooner or later.  He's been dating this girl for over three years.

Still... there was a part of me that was hoping that Kyle and Kendra would re-"find" each other.  Kyle and Kendra have been friends since Kendra was a year old.  We spent several years together, sharing birthdays, and other events.  Although these two haven't really been together since they hit their teens.. I guess I just always hoped they would end up together.

During the time that we were living in Northern Va I would drive to Walter Reed using the Rock Creek parkway.  If memory serves, there is a great view of some of the buildings of Georgetown that way.  Kendra would see the tall towers and she thought it was a castle.  She would say (this was when she was about five yrs old) "When Kyle and I grow up and get married, we're going to live in that castle.  We are going to have 6 kids... one for each of us to hold".. and I'd ask "one for each of us?".. and she'd say.."one for Miss Leigh, one for Mr. Mark, one for Daddy, one for you, one for Kyle and one for me!"  LOL.. she had it all figured out.

I am so happy for Kyle and I know Hanna is a good person, but there is just a small part of me that wistfully wishes I didn't have to put away my dream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL personally I would love to know if this was KENDRA's dream as well.  Something tells me that it wasn't.  
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.  I have a photo of my best friend's son and my daughter together.  My daughter told me she wanted to marry him.  Well they do grow up and tend to make different choices along the way.  She is very much in love with another young man, but there is a part of me that always wonders - what if...LOL.  Anyway, that was a precious moment to remember.

Anonymous said...

I know girl I know .... Paula dumped my fave for my not so fave... hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Awww,
Very sweet... Hey I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for stopping by my journal and being so supportive of me and my family... I am grateful beyond words and wanted to say thank you for all of the prayers and words of support.

Mik
http://journals.aol.com/alohamik/DiaryofRock-n-RollMen