Monday, June 11, 2007

Driving School, New Recipes, and Walking

Kendra and Kim are currently in driving school.  It's a two week classroom course plus 6 driving hours with an instructor.  A requirement in our state.  Kendra already has her permit, but Kim must wait until Friday (june 16) when she is finally of the minimum age for permits.

(cue spooky mood music here) I can't believe that in the space of 6 months, our family will go from two drivers to four drivers. That's kind of scary.  No slow progress between the first kid getting her license and the second one getting hers.  

Being in Germany kept Kendra from being able to drive (minimum age 18 there).  <sigh>   Ah well... they do so much together, guess it's just logical that they would end up driving at the same time.

Today I tried a new recipe for chicken nuggets.  It was from a Cooking Light magazine.  It sucked.  BUT.. on the plus side everyone tried it ('cept the vegetarian).  It was a unanimous agreement that we never make that recipe again.  However, they are all willing to try another recipe if I find one that doesn't include corn flakes.

I have walked five miles so far today.  I did two this morning before everyone woke up (I love when summer comes and no one needs to be up with me).  And I did three miles while the girls were at driving school.  I think I'd like to get out this evening for another walk around the neighborhood.  Just a short relaxing walk.  I asked Kim if she'd like to walk with me.  She said "mmmm.. no, not really." 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo we now have 4 drivers and one on the way..
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your mental health during the driving school stuff.  My mom was perpetually in fear of her life when I was at the wheel as a 14 year old.

Russ

Anonymous said...

We went from 2 to 4 instantly also and it was a Prozac month for sure!!  Hang in there Ma, the insanity slowly starts to feel normal ... and then you just start drinking so that you don't have to think about it. <G>
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! (I was sent over by Stacy)
June

Anonymous said...

Please tell me how to get through the "kids driving thing", lol.  My oldest is starting this summer, but, I'm not sure he still runs into his brother on their bicycles, lol. But, hubby and my oldest are both going for their licences this summer.  Hubby is starting after our immigration interview.  Now, I know hubby can drive, but...........you know most of the NYC cabbies are indian men, and we all know what they drive like!
Madison