Sunday, April 10, 2005

And I thought the silence was due to the accident

So It's been days since I heard from my hubby.  There was an accident involving a Chinook on Wednesday in Afghanistan.  I figured communications were limited while they were contacting next of kin.  Well... yes... that was going on, but my hubby apparently was out flying when the weather changed as well.  His group of aircraft had the chance to set down before an accident could occur.  He had to wait out the storm for a day, and then wait again until someone could come out and give his aircraft a "jump start" when the engine wouldn't start running. 

I am not so sure I can be as complacent again when I don't hear from him for a few days.  This is such a tough line to walk.. to be so sad for the service members we've lost, to feel the pain of their loved ones left behind and yet be thankful that -this time- my soldier is still safe.

It reminds me a bit of a short story I read called "The Lottery."

No comments: