Friday, April 1, 2005

Cake walks

It's Saturday, no alarm and I was up by 7 AM.  <sigh>  This weekend is the civilian spouses club Bazaar.  I had to make cakes for the cake walk for the kids.  I made coconut cake and chocolate cake.  I have to bake more for tomorrow.  I'm making yellow/ with chocolate frosting and lemon cake.

The kids and I are heading up to Wurzburg to the "big px" to do some shopping.  Paul can't get his pert shampoo at his little px downrange, so I am picking some up for him, along with his favorite bath soap.

Tomorrow is the "official" start of my marathon training.  Sundays will be a 20 minute walk for the first few weeks.  Mondays I walk 2 miles, Tuesday is my "rest" day, Wednesday I crosstrain, Thursday I walk, Friday I crosstrain, Saturdays I walk for distance.  Seems a simple enough plan.  I'm kind of goosing it just a bit.  The plan in the Prevention magazine I believe are for people that have not done much in the way of walking before.  I've been walking fairly steadily now for a year or so, so I think I can bump mine up just a bit.  We'll see.  The important thing is to not injure myself.

 

No comments: