Tuesday, April 19, 2005

kids, illnesses, and registering for school

It's been a busy 7 days.  Mac was sick early last week.  Then Kendra and Kim started getting sick over the weekend. Kim has missed school all this week, but Kendra managed to get back yesterday.  This is a short week of school.  The kids are off Thursday and Friday for school registration and teacher conferences.

I called the school yesterday early in the morning to have Kim's homework collected up for her.  But the teachers never responded with her assignments.  Now she is afraid to go into school today "unprepared."  This sort of thing really pisses me off.  We try to do our part in this, but when the teachers don't or can't cooperate, it's the kids that get burned.  ARGGGH.

At any rate, I've got all the forms filled out for registration.  They have early registration here at the local elementary school so I don't have to make the trip to Katterbach.  I'm just not sure how successful I can be.  Kim and Mac have lost their ID cards and I am unsure how important this is to the process. All the kids were enrolled last year, but apparently this is something that must be done each new school year.  We'll see.

No comments: