Friday, December 15, 2006

Did you Know?

download ASBP Logo in powerpoint format

The Armed Services run their own blood program.  They do not receive blood from civilian sources UNLESS they pay for the units they receive.  Now more than ever, the Armed Services need donors to help meet their constant need for blood products.

Because of new rules that have been put in place to keep blood products safe, many previous donors are no longer eligible to donate blood. (Long stays in foreign countries can make people ineligible). 

So many times, we want to do something to show our troops that we support them.  And believe me, the care packages are greatly appreciated.  But here is a way in which you can significantly help our troops.  Donate blood to an Armed Services Blood Program center.  They are not in every state, but they are in several states... so perhaps there is one near you.  Here is their website Blood Needed .   As you navigate through their site, you can find out more information about where you can donate and about the whole blood giving process.

Just one donation can save three lives!!  What an impact you can make with one simple donation!  I thank you for reading this through, please share this information with everyone that you can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, what DID you do about the Christmas list mix up?

Anonymous said...

Estela great post - I am going to go ahead and put this is my journal too if that's ok?  I think it's a great way to do something meaningful for our troops - and for people who can't afford to send packages etc but want to do their part, what could be better then this.  It's something we all should do.
Thanks Estela,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

What a great post!  I think that's something that everyone that do, should do...that's the least that we can do to show them that we care so much for them and what they put on the line everyday for us.

Now I've got to catch up on your journal girl.

Hugs, Angie

Anonymous said...

I did not know that Estela but thanks for telling me and I will definitely pass on the word.  You would think that there would be some sort of advertising on base, but I work at a military installation and have heard nothing of it.  Unfortunately I can not donate blood, aneimic and small veins but I know some that can.

Tia