Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Kendra!


glitter-graphics.com

 

 

Kendra age 1

Happy, Happy Birthday, Baby

Kendra, age 4.5, Kim age 17 months, Mac age 6 weeks

I consider this year my "mini-spike" year for Kendra.  She has graduated high school and has begun her college years.  I can't believe it was just 19 years ago today that I was marveling at this not so little bundle (she weighed 9 lbs) of pink. 

I don't think that I could truly appreciate how much my parents loved me until they put that bundle in my arms.  All the years of trying and failing were erased as I watched her sleep. 

Sometimes I think that first borns have it pretty tough.  They are the ones that parents experiment on.  We try out all our parenting theories and we learn skills on this first one.  Kendra certainly put us through our paces!

Now we get the chance to sit back and admire what has been wrought in this child-woman.  This could get interesting!

Happy Birthday, Kendra.. We love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENDRA!!!
Yesterday was my Tony's 16th birthday.  WHY are they growing up so fast???
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kendra!!!!

They grow up too damn fast, that is for sure.

Hugs
erica

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kendra
and
Mom congratulations on the first day of your new life with her it will be changing and different than it was before but that is a good thing you raised a wonderful woman and now you get to watch her spread her wings and conquer the joy of life.
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Tell Kendra that I said happy birthday!!!!! You are a great mom!!!!!

Love ya,

Tia

Anonymous said...

Awww..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER!!
Huggs, Robin

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a pretty girl....who looks like she has a wicked sense of humor!  I sense that for some reason.  ;)

Russ

Anonymous said...

Aw....happy birthday belated b-day to a beautiful girl!
Hugs,
D