Tuesday, May 29, 2007

25 years, A retrospective

 
Looking back on my life
Through the eyes of a young girl,
growing older every day,
maybe a little wiser.
 
I can clearly see
All my mistakes are coming back
to visit me
warning of the roads not taken
 
Some things I'd like to change,
But one thing I'd do the same...
 
 
I'd choose you again,
If God gave me the chance to  do it all again
I'd carefully consider every choice and then
Out of all the boys in the world
I'd choose you again.
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
 
 
How do you measure 25 years? While I know that everyone's 25 years are going to contain different milestones... here are some of the ones that Paul and I have hit over the last 25 years.
 
1 miscarriage
3 births = 2 daughters and 1 son
15 moves
7 surgeries (for daughter)
2 deaths of family members
5 deaths of service member friends
4 weddings in the family (not counting ours)
3 nieces
5 nephews
6 years of military induced separations
1 marital separation ( short lived, but still)
4 years of dating before marriage
And the realization that comes from weathering all the storms, that if you are going to go through hell on earth, this one person.. is the one that you want by your side as you go through it!
 
Happy Anniversary Paul!  I love you!
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

been there doing that off course you and paul have 5 years on us but hubby and I wouldn't do it with anyone else either ....
Happy Anniversary Darlin
here to another 25
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

An awesome tribute to an awesome partnership!  Congrats!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

"E" I didn't get the alert for this entry.  Very cool to see it all written out like that.  I think I may be stealing this idea and doing something like it myself - very cool.  Is this your idea or did you see it somewhere?  Thanks for the idea.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  OOPS Happy Anniversary!!!