Friday, May 25, 2007

Let's Talk about the Elephant (and I don't really mean me)!

Well.. I procrastinated a bit too long on Tuesday and I missed the meeting, but did manage to get there in time to get an "official" weigh-in. 

I'm back up to 232.4.... not all the way to the starting point.. so there's at least that to be grateful about.

I haven't been in much of a mood to count points since I've got back from my mother.  I do alright through lunchtime and then it all goes to heck in a handbasket by dinner time.

But.. I've pulled out my sewing machine and I'm using my afternoons (starting this week) to sew quilt patches.  I love making quilts and I won't eat while I do them because I don't want to muss the fabric. It's working so far. 

I'm going to pull out the "big guns" starting tomorrow and start my exercise program again. I love how I feel when I get done, but if I wait too long in the morning to do it, I just can't get myself up and going.

I did walk 2 miles Tuesday afternoon, so there's a start. Next weigh in is on Tues. May 29th... mine and Paul's 25th Anniversary.

We are going to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday all wrapped up into one weekend on June 16-17.  We are heading to the Baltimore Oriole/Arizona Diamondback game and then spending the night at a B & B in Baltimore..Iam SO looking forward to it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you have a starting point and it could have been worse, but vacations tend to be hard on a diet anyway, I think.
I am just like you with food around dinner time.  Somedays I totally undo all the good I did all day.
I try to do something with my hands to keep me from eating too.  lately for me it's been sewing.  Don't know how to make a quilt though.  Someday I will learn.  In the winter time that was why I got so into knitting, kept my hands busy and kept me from eating, lol.