Thursday, May 10, 2007

Commitment and Mother's Day

Motivational Quote - There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

So SparkPeople have these new motivational quotes with pictures (quite of few which show people running).  I liked this one, so snagged it for today's entry.

I have to say that I am really enjoying the WW meetings.  I thought that I would be bored and/or feeling very "been there,done that" during the meetings.  But instead the speakers have been very motivational and in the two meetings thus far, each topic has definitely been something I needed to hear.

One of the things that I am enjoying so far is that each week, besides the time spent in the meeting, the WW group here sends out a postcard that I receive within a day or two of my meeting. The first one was welcoming me to the group, the one this week was congratulating me on my success thus far. Sweet, huh?

I feel that this is something I can commit to until I am back on my "diet feet".  Knowing that I have something that is monitoring my progress is certainly helpful in keeping me watchful of my choices.  I didn't think that would be the case since I always rebelled against "authority" as a young person, but maybe I am finally ready to be accountable.

Today I leave for "home".  My sister and I are spending Mother's Day with our mom.  I don't think we've both been home (at the same time) since 2003, so I am looking forward to all of us (my brother lives in town already) being together.  We "kids" have decided to sit for a portrait on Saturday for our Mother's Day gift.  If we can manage it, we're also going to try to  get Mom into one of the pics of the group and an individual of her as well.  We'll see.

So.. in preparation for staying on target at least for today, I am packing my lunch to take with me on my flights.  I'm going to do the best I can while at my mom's, but we have a pretty full agenda which includes a lot of eating out.  Susan and I are planning on exercising every morning and to help that along we are each bringing an exercise DVD to share.  It's only four days.. I should be able to do that, right? LOL

Well.. to all the mothers out there, and to all the women that are important in a child's life, I hope you have a happy mother's day.  I hope that for a day, those that love you best let you know this  in the sweetest ways possible. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with your family!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day and have a wonderful time with you family. Sounds like you found a really supportive ww group.  I'm glad.
Madison

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a happy Mother's day sweety I love the tag , it is so true.
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Give your mom a very big hug!!

Russ