Thursday, May 24, 2007

One sad ending

For the Anzack family:  I can't imagine the horror or the sorrow in realizing that your son is gone. My heart breaks for him and for you.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

 

BAGHDAD - A body recovered by Iraqi police from the Euphrates River south of Baghdad was identified as one of three American Soldiers abducted in an ambush claimed by al-Qaida, the military said Thursday.

Military officials told the family of Pfc. Joseph Anzack Jr. that a commanding officer identified the remains recovered from the river, but that DNA tests were still pending.

"They told us, 'We're sorry to inform you the body we found has been identified as Joe,'" the Soldier's aunt, Debbie Anzack, said Wednesday. "I'm in disbelief."

Anzack, 20, vanished along with the two others after their combat team was ambushed May 12 about 20 miles outside Baghdad. Five others, including an Iraqi, were killed in the ambush, subsequently claimed by al-Qaida.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for their lose the hardest thing in the world must be to lose a child , I don't know how I would breath if I lost one of mine, my prayers are for his family and for the others still missing .
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Estela I can't even watch the whole story on the news because it breaks my heart.  So very sad.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I just saw this on the news and had to cut it off because it's so heartbreaking.  I couldn't imagine losing a child especially like that.  It's devastating for me to hear about this, I cannot comprehend what the family is going through.  They're in my prayers along with every other soldier and their families.
Hugs, Angie

Anonymous said...

I haven't even watched the news since being on my little vacation, but I guess the bad stuff happens anyway.  Sad.  

Russ