Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Struggling with accountability.. AKA Whining

I am supposed to be getting ready to go to my WW meeting.  I have not attended since the Tuesday before I went to my mother's.  I'm nervous.  I know it doesn't really mean anything to the folks there if I gain or lose..I mean.. they support me either way.  But I feel that if I go today I will be letting them down.. and me too.

Considering I've already paid for the month I should go.  I might as well get a good grip on where I am at this point and then get back to working the plan.  How bad can it really be?  I think that if I don't go, I'll be letting myself down.  Fence-sitting can be so self-absorbed, can't it?

 

Okay.. I'm off.. I'll go... how bad can it really, really be?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Estela you always were more mature then I am, lol, but I know for me if I start letting myself skip meetings because I was bad or might have gained, it always made it worse.  Like instead of the meeting I would tell myself well now you have a whole week to make it up but go ahead and have something bad today since you already messed it up.  Oy Vey!  So I'm proud of you for making yourself go and face the music. <G>  And you're right, how bad could it be.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Yeah, gotta go get that "starting" weight.   It will all be fine...and hopefully not as bad as you are thinking!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I am glad you decided to go because it would only get worse if you didn't go .... hang in there
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Good for you!  It's so easy to tell ourselves what we want to hear or even believe but the number's never lie, ya know?  I'm sure you'll do fine.  You have to know where you are to set goals for where you want to be.  Glad to see you have your big girl panties on and are doing the right thing!!!  Let us know how it goes!
Hugs, Angie

Anonymous said...

You're very wise.  Fence-sitting cannot only be exhausting -- it can become a lifelong habit!

Russ

Anonymous said...

EXCUSE ME I am sure I missed the update on how much you weighed when you went, LOL.