Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Driving Permits ..part deux

So, today we had to go to the Dothan office for Mac to retake his permit test. Ozark, the closest office, is closed the rest of the week.

We arrived and placed his name on the list. We waited.  I read 4 chapters in my book. He studied his booklet. We waited. The lunch hour came and went... finally they called him back.  But not before he confided in me that he was worried he wasn't going to pass the test again. I'm trying to be supportive... but there is this part of me thinking "should I be wasting another $5.00 today?"   He tells me he thinks it's just test anxiety.

20 minutes later, he comes out with his new temporary permit. He's very excited.. "Can I drive?"... ummmmm.. NO. LOL.. traffic is pretty heavy at this time of day. I'd rather he get his first chances on the post where there is less traffic.

We celebrated with pizza.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo way to go Max I bet he is one happy dude please tell me he has gotten to drive around the post now right ..
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......way to go Mac!!! Congratulations to you, also, Mom :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!  Congrats, Mac!!  (and Mom!!)

Joann

Anonymous said...

Way to go !   It took me three tries to get my license, but that's another story for another time.  ;)

Russ